The 28th Annual Oyster Fest Presented by Shaw's Crab House Combines Seafood and Live Music in Downtown Chicago
River North’s Original Oyster Fest Offers Oysters, Seafood, Blues, and More on Friday, September 30, 2016
(Chicago, IL) – Oyster Fest Presented by Shaw’s Crab House returns to Chicago on Friday, September 30, 2016 for its 28th year. More than 3,000 guests are expected to descend upon the corner of Hubbard St. and Rush St. from 3 p.m. until 10 p.m. for live music from four local blues bands including headliner, Bumpus, and fresh seafood from Chicago’s own Shaw’s Crab House.
Tickets Available at the Door!
New This Year!
Oyster Roast hosted by Oyster Bah: Shaw’s sister restaurant Oyster Bah is serving up six steamed oysters with all the fixings (think Bad Seed hot sauce, poached butter and cocktail sauce) right on festival grounds all for $20 per plate.
The Food and Drinks
Curated by Shaw’s Crab House, Oyster Fest will feature the best in fresh seafood, including six varieties of oysters on the half shell (three West coast and three East Coast) from some of the best growers around the country. Other dishes on the day’s menu include long-time Oyster Festival favorites like King Crab Bites, Lobster Rolls, Clam Chowder, Fish Tacos, and more!
Click here to download a PDF of the menu.
This year, Oyster Fest is excited to announce a partnership with Founder’s Brewing Co., a brewery based in Grand Rapids, Michigan known for their hugely aromatic and flavorful beers like their All Day IPA and KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout). Additionally, the fest will be serving up two cocktails featuring bourbon and tequila and four delicious wines (sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, pinot noir, and sparkling wine/rose).
Just added! 3-5 pm happy hour with $3 Founder beers along with Budweiser products!
Chicago is truly the blues capital of the world and to celebrate that tradition, Shaw’s Crab House has invited an exciting lineup of four local blues bands-- regulars at The House of Blues, Kingston Mines, Buddy Guy’s and Shaw’s Oyster Bar-- to provide continuous music throughout the evening. Emceed by 93XRT’s Lin Brehmer, the day’s bands include:
- The Friends Band, the friendliest band in town with a fun dance style- 3 to 4 p.m.
- Big Dog Mercer, the owner of one soulful voice and winner of the 2015 Kankakee Valley Music Awards Best Blues Band- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Breezy Rodio, an up-and-coming bluesman with impressive guitar skills and disciple of the famed Linsey Alexander - 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- And headliner, Bumpus, a nine-piece funk band that’s gotten great reviews from the Chicago Reader, Tribune, and Sun-Times and has opened for bands like The Roots and The Wailers- 8:15 to 9:30 p.m.
- And don’t forget the night’s Oyster Slurp-Off Grand Finale where one competitor walks away the 2016 champ and the Oyster Hall of Fame Inductee celebration from 7:15 to 7:45 p.m.
Tickets will be sold in the following tiers:
- General admission ($20) - festival admission
- VIP admission ($50) - festival admission, table & waiter service, access to full liquor cash bar, clear sightline/ up close to the stage, and access to luxury running water trailer bathrooms.
Kids 12 and under are free and as always, all food and beverage are additional and can be purchased by buying Oyster Bucks at the festival. Following the fest, Shaw’s Chicago will host an Oyster Fest after party with live music until 1 a.m.
About Shaw’s Crab House
Shaw’s Crab House, a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant, features a 1940s-style take on the seafood dining experience, with retro leather banquettes, polished wood floors and Art Deco touches. The Oyster Bar provides a more casual setting for diners and serves up live music five nights a week paired with Chicago’s widest array of East and West Coast oysters. For more info, call 312.527.2722 (Chicago) or 847.517.2722 (Schaumburg) or visit the website at www.shawscrabhouse.com.